* Get the free design for this tree and ornaments at https://jennifermaker.com/3d-tree-paper-ornaments
Learn to make a whimsical 3D Tree with Paper Ornaments to decorate your home for the holidays or all year round.
There’s just something about trees, whether they are pine trees, apple trees, or family trees! This cute tree will be a great addition to any decor! It has such a whimsical look that it would be cute displayed just as is, but I added some seasonal paper ornaments that dress it up as well. This tree would make a great stand-in for a Christmas tree if you want something a little different, but it would also look cute in the spring with summer flower ornaments. Or how about turning it into a family tree with the everyone’s names on it — what a great gift that would be!
I appreciate every subscriber. It’s free and easy to subscribe — just click here: http://bit.ly/sub2jennifer
MATERIALS LIST (contains my affiliate links):
See the exact items we used for this project at this Amazon shopping list: https://www.amazon.com/ideas/amzn1.account.AHTECS7ITMCAPWO4CDLEYTEEUWXQ/3SCFBFRWF7FTO
* Heavy Chipboard (11″x11″) (Maker Only) – https://amzn.to/3jiN8Dc
* Kraft board (12″x12″) (Cricut Explore or Maker) – https://amzn.to/3eFjIeO
* 1/8″ Acrylic or Wood (Glowforge Only)
* Cardstock – https://amzn.to/30jejoF
* Stretch Magic Jewelry Cord (Or any kind of string or twine) – https://amzn.to/3ezmOks
* Cricut StrongGrip Mat (purple mat) for the heavy chipboard – https://amzn.to/3je0Sie
* Cricut LightGrip Mat (blue mat) for the Kraft board – https://amzn.to/2BdYkzI
* Cricut Knife Blade and Housing (Cricut Maker Only) – https://amzn.to/2WwZVrH
* Masking Tape or Painters Tape
* A way to cut the project (I used the amazing Cricut — see http://shrsl.com/1dq4w and the awesome Glowforge — see jennifermaker.com/glowforge )
* Design #259 – My free SVG cut file (available in my free resource library at https://jennifermaker.com/library )
#cricut #cricutmade #designspace
To make this tree, you’ll want a strong material. You can use wood, acrylic, heavy chipboard or Kraft board, depending on how you plan to cut it. If you have a laser cutting machine, like a Glowforge, go for draft board, a pretty wood or acrylic in one eighth inch thickness, like this one.
If you have a Cricut Maker cutting machine and the knife blade, you can cut heavy chipboard, like this one here.
Cricut Explore owners should opt for the Kraft board version and you’ll want to cut multiple layers to give it strength, then glue them together with tacky glue.
You also need some cardstock to make your ornaments, plus some transparent jewelry cord to hang them, but you could also use string or twine.
And that’s it! Now you just need the pattern for the tree. You’ll find my free tree designs with nine ornament templates over on my blog! So let me show you where to find the designs, and then I’ll show you how to cut and assemble your tree!
Follow me at:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/jennifermakercrafts
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cricutcraftersandmakers/
Please subscribe to my channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/jennifermaker for more video tutorials to craft a live you love!
Music: Cute by Bensound (licensed, royalty and copyright free)
Videography: Jennifer Marx on a Panasonic Lumix FZ-1000 DSLR 4K camera
Design: A Jennifer Maker original!