Learn how to make your own DIY cake toppers for birthdays, weddings, and holidays that are both easy and elegant! Get the free cake topper design and template (Design #175) at https://jennifermaker.com/diy-cake-toppers-custom
I appreciate every subscriber. It’s free and easy to subscribe — just click here: http://bit.ly/sub2jennifer
MATERIALS LIST (contains my affiliate links):
See my shopping list with the exact items I used for this project: https://www.amazon.com/ideas/amzn1.account.AHTECS7ITMCAPWO4CDLEYTEEUWXQ/1AFTCJC4O7L3G
* 65 lb.-110 lb. 8.5″ x 11″ cardstock at https://amzn.to/354ufMp The heavier weight, the sturdier it will be. Feel free to even use things like poster board, Kraft board, or even veneer.
* Decorative paper like glitter cardstock or holographic poster board, which are good choices for the name or phrase: https://amzn.to/38fmllD
* 12″ long Bamboo skewers (2 per cake topper): https://amzn.to/2qDP1no
* Tacky glue or adhesive spray
* StandardGrip cutting mat (the 12″ x 12″ size)
* A way to cut the project (I used the amazing Cricut — see http://shrsl.com/1dq4w )
* My free SVG cut file (Design #175) (available in my free resource library at https://jennifermaker.com/library )
My family loves cake. I used to love to bake and decorate cakes, but those days are long behind me at this point. So when I’m responsible for the cake, that means I’m buying one. Sadly, storebought ones are kinda boring, especially when you get the generic ones from the deli case the hour before the party. LOL Sure, you can buy some decorations, but those are generic, too. But what DOES make any cake look magnificent is a CUSTOM CAKE TOPPER! So I am showing you how to make DIY cake toppers with custom names and phrases!
Now you probably have everything you need already to make a cake topper — just a few sheets of cardstock, some bamboo skewers, and some glue. That’s it. So easy.
You’ll want a way to cut your cake topper — you can use scissors or a craft knife, but I’m using my Cricut cutting machine because it’s way faster and I love using technology to make my life easier.
I’ve even made some cake topper designs for you to use, along with a template so you can make a topper with whatever name or saying you want.
In this tutorial, I will show you how to use my template to create a custom cake topper (or just use a design I already made for you!) and then how to assemble your DIY cake topper so it stays on your cake!
#cricut #cricutmade #designspace
Follow me at:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/jennifermakercrafts
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cricutcraftersandmakers/
Please subscribe to my channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/jennifermaker for more video tutorials to craft a life you love!
Introduction: PixelBytes (my child!)
Music: Cute by Bensound (licensed, royalty and copyright free)
Videography: Jennifer Marx on a Panasonic Lumix FZ-1000 DSLR 4K camera
Design: A Jennifer Maker original!