Learn how to make this customized serving tray with adhesive vinyl that’s still safe to eat off of! Get my free design files (Design #177) at https://jennifermaker.com/customized-serving-tray-food-safe
I appreciate every subscriber. It’s free and easy to subscribe — just click here: http://bit.ly/sub2jennifer
MATERIALS LIST (contains my affiliate links):
See the exact items I used to make the serving trays in this video here in my shopping list: https://www.amazon.com/ideas/amzn1.account.AHTECS7ITMCAPWO4CDLEYTEEUWXQ/2XW9X262HWEN0
* Clear Plastic Tray — I used these from Amazon: https://amzn.to/2PCsYpH
Permanent vinyl that has color on BOTH sides – I like this Cricut vinyl and this Cricut adhesive foil
* Weeding tool/Scraper/Spatula – the Cricut basic tool set is my favorite one to use for projects like this.
* Lint-free paper towels or coffee filters
* Rubbing Alcohol
* Transfer Tape
* Spray paint (I used white for the truck tray and navy blue for the name tray)
* Spray sealer – I used this specific one: https://amzn.to/34dgvxM
* Painters Tape
* Standard Grip Cutting mat (the 12″ x 12″ size)
* A way to cut the project (I used the amazing Cricut — see http://shrsl.com/1dq4w )
* My free SVG cut file (Design #177) (available in my free resource library at https://jennifermaker.com/library )
I love making customized gifts, and one of the best ways to do that is with vinyl. Yesterday’s personalized pot holder gift is the perfect example! BUT, vinyl has some drawbacks. For example, I don’t put it on any surface that comes in contact with food because you can’t properly clean it and keep it food safe. That makes vinyl tough to use when you want to personalize a platter or serving tray. But what if I told you there IS a way to make a tray with vinyl that you can load up with as many holiday treats as you want? So for Day 11 of The Great Maker 25-Day Gift-Away Challenge, I am showing you how to make a customized serving tray with vinyl and paint, and keep it food safe.
#cricut #cricutmade #designspace
Follow me at:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/jennifermakercrafts
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cricutcraftersandmakers/
Please subscribe to my channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/jennifermaker for more video tutorials to craft a life you love!
Introduction: PixelBytes (my child!)
Music: Cute by Bensound (licensed, royalty and copyright free)
Videography: Jennifer Marx on a Panasonic Lumix FZ-1000 DSLR 4K camera
Design: A Jennifer Maker original!