* Get the FREE templates for my easy shaker cards for beginners at https://jennifermaker.com/make-shaker-cards
Learn how to make shaker cards for beginners to say hello and send love! These shaker cards are so cute and easy to make with my easy template and tutorial!
I love to design cards, but one card I haven’t yet shown you is the SHAKER CARD! What is a shaker card, you ask? A Shaker Card is a card with a clear window filled with items — usually little sparkly things — that move about when you shake the card… and that’s why we call it a shaker card! So I’m going to teach you how to make easy shaker cards with beginners in mind using my step-by-step tutorial and design! I’ve even included the envelopes for these cards!
Topics covered in this shaker card for beginners video tutorial:
0:00 Introducing Easy Shaker Cards for Beginners
0:27 What is a Shaker Card?
1:07 Materials & Tools
3:04 Step 1: Get the Shaker Card Template
3:36 Step 2: Cut the Shaker. Card Layers
7:35 Step 3: Assemble the Envelope
8:36 Step 4: Assemble the Shaker Card
10:38 How to get your confetti into the shaker card
11:46 Finished Shaker Card
13:03 What else can you put in a Shaker Card?
I appreciate every subscriber. It’s free and easy to subscribe — just click here: http://bit.ly/sub2jennifer
MATERIALS LIST (contains my affiliate links):
See the exact items I used for these shaker cards at https://www.amazon.com/ideas/amzn1.account.AHTECS7ITMCAPWO4CDLEYTEEUWXQ/TU3WAU7VICQH
* Five sheets of 65.-80 lb. 8.5″ x 11″ or 12″ x 12″ cardstock per card — I used the American Crafts Variety Pack Jewel Cardstock
* 1 sheet of acetate or 2 sheets of small Embossable Window Plastic, cut to size as needed, per card
* Glitter Confetti or anything small to put in the window of your shaker card
Rhinestone Brads (for the “hello” card)
* Foam Mounting Tape
* Double-Sided Adhesive Tape
* Tacky Glue
* Cricut Glitter Gel Pens or Cricut Pens & Markers
* Cricut Blue LightGrip Mats (12×12 size and 12×24 size for larger envelope)
* Scoring Stylus (for Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker) or Scoring Wheel (for Cricut Maker)
Cricut Basic Tool Set (Scraper, Spatula and Scissors needed)
A way to cut your cardstock (I used the Cricut Maker cutting machine but they can also be cut on a Cricut Explore or Cricut Joy)
* A pair of scissors (for cutting tape and your shaker window)
* Design #281 – My two free Shaker Card SVG files are available in my free resource library at https://jennifermaker.com/library
#cricut #cricutmade #designspace
Follow me at:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/jennifermakercrafts
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cricutcraftersandmakers/
Please subscribe to my channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/jennifermaker for more video tutorials to craft a live you love!
Introduction: PixelBytes (my child!)
Music: Cute by Bensound (licensed, royalty and copyright free)
Videography: Jennifer Marx on a Panasonic Lumix FZ-1000 DSLR 4K camera
Design: A Jennifer Maker original!