Learn how to personalize pot holders and oven mitts with cute sayings and elegant split monograms. Get the free decals (Design #176) at https://jennifermaker.com/personalized-pot-holder-gifts
Personalized pot holders filled with cookie mixes and serving utensils make sweet gift packages that you’ll want to give to everyone!
This year I have a lot of people I want to thank for helping me and my family. I am SO grateful, and I want to show my appreciation. I’ve got teachers, counselors, medical professionals, neighbors, friends, coworkers, and the list goes on and on. I need something special I can gift all of these important people in my life without having to resort to gift cards. So I’m gifting cookie making kits with personalized pot holders and oven mitts, whisks and spatulas, and a variety of cookie mixes! You just tuck a utensil and a baking mix into a potholder or oven mitt, and you have a fun and thoughtful gift that WILL get used. And I thought you might like to see how these go together, too! So I am showing you how to make inexpensive cookie making kits with personalized pot holders and oven mitts.
I appreciate every subscriber. It’s free and easy to subscribe — just click here: http://bit.ly/sub2jennifer
MATERIALS LIST (contains my affiliate links):
See the shopping list with the exact items I used for this project: https://www.amazon.com/ideas/amzn1.account.AHTECS7ITMCAPWO4CDLEYTEEUWXQ/1ETWP8I4JOE4A
* Potholders with pockets like these from the Dollar Tree or these from Amazon: https://amzn.to/35iA7SJ
* Cricut EasyPress 2 – https://amzn.to/2YA71vf – or Heat Press
* Cricut EasyPress pressing mat: https://amzn.to/2REpwNG
* Cricut Heat-transfer Vinyl (HTV). I used white. https://amzn.to/359T4qi
* Scissors, tweezers, weeding tools: https://amzn.to/2E5NxW8
* StandardGrip cutting mat (the 12″ x 12″ size)
* (Optional) A monogram font for split monograms, such as:
– Original Split Font: https://fontbundles.net/cheesetoastdigitals/131715-original-split-font-a-monogram-font/rel=mnGwRS
– Split Monogram Font: https://fontbundles.net/craftylittlenodes/337813-split-monogram-alphabet-font-hand-lettered-initial/rel=mnGwRS
– Reindeer Dust: https://fontbundles.net/dreamonprints/360088-reindeer-dust-christmas-split-monogram-font/rel=mnGwRS
* A way to cut the project (I used the amazing Cricut — see http://shrsl.com/1dq4w )
* My free SVG cut file (Design #176) (available in my free resource library at https://jennifermaker.com/library )
Now, I could just toss the spatula or whisk in the pot holder along with a baking mix and call it a day, but I’m going one step further and personalizing these potholders and oven mitts with some iron-on vinyl (aka heat transfer vinyl, or HTV)l! For some pot holders, I’m putting on cute hand-lettered sayings like “Live Love Bake” “Sweet Smell of Home” and “Bakers Gonna Bake.” This will let me keep a stash of gifts on hand for anytime I need to give one away.
But for the other pot holders, I’m personalizing them with a person’s first name or family name in a split monogram… and I think they turned out really classy without breaking the bank.
The fun little sentiment designs are on my blog and are free for you to use, too! I’d also like to show you how to make the split monogram so you can personalize your pot holders for individuals and families, as well. Let let me show you how to do create a personalized split monogram, and then we’ll iron on some heat transfer vinyl together so you see how it works!
#cricut #cricutmade #designspace
Follow me at:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/jennifermakercrafts
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cricutcraftersandmakers/
Please subscribe to my channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/jennifermaker for more video tutorials to craft a life you love!
Introduction: PixelBytes (my child!)
Music: Cute by Bensound (licensed, royalty and copyright free)
Videography: Jennifer Marx on a Panasonic Lumix FZ-1000 DSLR 4K camera
Design: A Jennifer Maker original!