Get the free whiteboard and magnet designs at https://jennifermaker.com/diy-whiteboard-calendar
A new year is coming, and that means it’s time to get our schedules in order. This can be tricky when you have a family, but one of the best ways to coordinate schedules is with a family whiteboard centrally located in your home. With appointments, meetings, and different happenings, it’s SO helpful to have one spot that everyone can check so we know what everyone else has planned. This tutorial shows you how to make a make a personalized whiteboard with magnets that work for your family!
I appreciate every subscriber. It’s free and easy to subscribe — just click here: http://bit.ly/sub2jennifer
MATERIALS LIST (contains my affiliate links):
View my Amazon shopping list with the exact items we used to make this project at https://www.amazon.com/ideas/amzn1.account.AHTECS7ITMCAPWO4CDLEYTEEUWXQ/CKGM19QC8GZ1
* Magnetic Framed Dry Erase White Board (I used a 17″ x 23″ whiteboard) at https://amzn.to/2BZIclQ OR- Transparent Plexiglass if you want a see-through version
* Printable Magnetic Sheets at https://amzn.to/2DExZvt
* Permanent Vinyl (I used one roll of black)
* Transfer Tape (Standard Grip)
* Color inkjet printer
* Measuring Tape
* Cricut StandardGrip Cutting Mat (I used a 12″ x 12″ and 12″ x 24″)
* Weeding Tool
* (Optional) Hey Lover font at https://fontbundles.net/letter-nun/687909-hey-lover/rel=mnGwRS
* A way to print the project — I use this printer: https://amzn.to/3gPFYE4
* A way to cut the project (I used the amazing Cricut — see http://shrsl.com/1dq4w )
* My free SVG cut file (available in my free resource library at https://jennifermaker.com/library )
Supplies for this project include the obvious — a magnetic framed dry erase white board. I am using a 17″ x 23″ whiteboard I got from Amazon — the links to everything are in the material list above.
To create the calendar on the whiteboard, you want permanent adhesive vinyl — one roll of black will do nicely. Standard grip transfer tape will also be necessary to get the vinyl onto your white board.
To make the calendar perpetual, we’ll create magnets from printable magnet sheets. These are really cool! Then we can move everything around as needed.
To print the magnets, you’ll want an inkjet printer. I’m using the HP Envy 7155, but most inkjet printers will do a great job here.
And, of course, we need a way to cut the vinyl, and I’m using the Cricut Explore cutting machine to do that. Other things you need are the green standard grip mat to cut your vinyl on, a brayer to adhere your vinyl to the mat, a weeding tool to remove excess vinyl, and a scraper tool to stick your vinyl really well to your whiteboard.
Now you just need the pattern for the calendar and magnets. You’ll find my free designs over on my blog! So let me show you where to find the designs, and then I’ll show you how to personalize, cut, and create your whiteboard!
#cricut #cricutmade #designspace
Follow me at:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/jennifermakercrafts
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cricutcraftersandmakers/
Please subscribe to my channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/jennifermaker for more video tutorials to craft a live you love!
Introduction: PixelBytes (my child!)
Music: Cute by Bensound (licensed, royalty and copyright free)
Videography: Jennifer Marx on a Panasonic Lumix FZ-1000 DSLR 4K camera
Design: A Jennifer Maker original!