Get the free DIY gift bag patterns at https://jennifermaker.com/diy-gift-bag
Learn how to make a personalizable DIY gift bag for every occasion in this step-by-step gift bag tutorial!
Have you ever searched a store for the perfect gift bag? Well, in the time it takes to drive to the store and look through the uninspiring options, I’ll show you how to make the perfect gift bag at home! You can addd your recipient’s name, match it to a gift box, or showcase some of your favorite cardstock with this project. You can even make an envelope to match, too! I’ve included a simple cardstock bag and one with extra features for truly special events. Don’t have a Cricut? No problem! I’ll show you how to make a DIY gift bag out of wrapping paper without a cutting machine, too!
I appreciate every subscriber. It’s free and easy to subscribe — just click here: http://bit.ly/sub2jennifer
DIY Gift Bag topics covered in this video:
0:00 – Why make DIY Gift Bags?
1:16 – What do you need to make DIY gift bags?
2:24 – Step 1: Select Wrapping Paper & Cut to Size
3:22 – Wrapping Paper Gift Bag
4:25 – Step 2: Fold the Gift Bag Sides & Flap
6:16 – Step 3: Fold & Glue Bottom of Gift Bag
7:44 – Step 4: Fold & Shape Your Gift Bag
9:08 – Step 5: Cut & Attach the Handles
10:00 – Cardstock Gift Bag
10:08 – Step 1: Get My Free DIY Gift Bag Design Files
15:41 – Step 2: Cut Your Gift Bag Design
16:11 – Step 3: Assemble Your Cardstock Gift Bag
20:01 – Step 4: Attach the Details
MATERIALS LIST (contains my affiliate links):
View my Amazon shopping list with the exact items we used to make this project at https://a.co/9J2ggyJ
* Good-quality Wrapping Paper – https://amzn.to/3LQVCPg
* Two (2) Sheets of 12″ x 12″ Pattern Cardstock – https://amzn.to/3KJocC8 and https://amzn.to/3xozB6u
* Ribbon — for the handles on wrapping paper bag and custom Cricut gift bag – https://amzn.to/3jzNcQ0
* A method to cut your cardstock — I used the amazing Cricut Maker 3 at see http://shrsl.com/1dq4w but you can also use the Cricut Maker, Cricut Explore 3, the Cricut Explore machines, or even the Joy for smaller bags.
* Cricut Green StandardGrip Machine Mat 12″ x 12″ – https://amzn.to/3i0Yhcf
* Craft Glue — https://amzn.to/3KASWEZ
* 24″ Ruler — https://amzn.to/3jHUS2F
* Scissors — https://amzn.to/3uxUqKP
* Scraper – https://amzn.to/3ypKao6
* Spatula – https://amzn.to/3ypKao6
* Brayer – https://amzn.to/3sVaHsv
* Scoring Stylus — optional, for the files with score lines
* Design #390 — My free gift bag SVG/PDF/DXF cut files (available in my free resource library at https://jennifermaker.com/library )
#cricut #cricutmade #designspace
Follow me at:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/jennifermakercrafts
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cricutcraftersandmakers/
Please subscribe to my channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/jennifermaker for more video tutorials to craft a live you love!
Introduction: PixelBytes (my child!)
Music: Cute by Bensound (licensed, royalty and copyright free)
Videography: Jennifer Marx on a Panasonic Lumix FZ-1000 DSLR 4K camera
Design: A Jennifer Maker original!