Get the free engraving designs at https://jennifermaker.com/engrave-leather-with-cricut
Learn to engrave leather with Cricut machines and make adorable bookmarks in this tutorial!
I really love experimenting with different Cricut tools and materials. But I love sharing the results with you even more! This time, I’m excited to share how to engrave leather with Cricut machines to make custom bookmarks. I already cut genuine leather with a Cricut cutting machine already, but I wondered if we could do some sort of leather tooling or engraving with it, too. After some experimenting, I’ve found ways to engrave leather with both the Cricut Maker and Cricut Explore machines. And, my favorite method involves the foil transfer kit! I love finding new uses for tools we already have!
To teach you this cool technique, I made some engraved leather bookmarks that are both fun and functional – my favorite kind of gift! The bookmark collection is free for you to download and learn with, and it includes several designs for you to pick from:
“I love you to the moon and back” with the moon and stars,
“Eat sleep read repeat” with an open book,
a simple floral design with daisies,
and “dream believe achieve” surrounded by hearts.
I appreciate every subscriber. It’s free and easy to subscribe — just click here: http://bit.ly/sub2jennifer
MATERIALS LIST (contains my affiliate links):
View my Amazon shopping list with the exact items we used to make this project at https://a.co/9ub31ob
* Vegetable Tanned Leather 4-5oz 1.5-2.0 mm thickness – https://amzn.to/3MWjrFl
* Faux Suede Cord – https://amzn.to/3Hqb8Rc
* Leather Stain (I used Acorn Brown https://amzn.to/3QoVkCo and Cherry Red – https://amzn.to/3QC3OWX
* Wool Daubers – https://amzn.to/3MXccgy
* (Optional) Leather Finish – https://amzn.to/3tySUHt
* Safety equipment including Disposable Gloves and Eye Protection
* Standard Grip Transfer Tape – https://amzn.to/3O5h5Vn
* A way to engrave and cut your leather bookmarks (I used the Cricut Maker 3 but you can use the Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Series) – https://amzn.to/3pXZLY1
* Cricut Foil Transfer Kit – I used the Medium Tip with both machines – https://amzn.to/3xVgpgo
* Cricut Engraving Tool and Housing – for Makers – https://amzn.to/3Qj7M5O
* Cricut Deep Cut Housing and Blade – for both machine options – https://amzn.to/3aSQDjK
* StandardGrip Machine Mat, 12″ x 12″ – https://amzn.to/2SaLHOq
* TrueControl Knife and Self-Healing Mat – https://amzn.to/3xyf5P0
* Tools including a Scraper, Ruler, a pencil, paper towels, scissors, cotton swabs, butcher paper, damp sponge, and painter’s tape
* Design #400 – My free SVG/PDF/DXF design files (available in my free resource library at https://jennifermaker.com/library )
#cricut #cricutmade #designspace
Follow me at:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/jennifermakercrafts
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cricutcraftersandmakers/
Please subscribe to my channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/jennifermaker for more video tutorials to craft a live you love!
Introduction: PixelBytes (my child!)
Music: Cute by Bensound (licensed, royalty and copyright free)
Videography: Jennifer Marx on a Panasonic Lumix FZ-1000 DSLR 4K camera
Design: A Jennifer Maker original!