Learn how to make glitter tumblers with both epoxy and Loctite. Get the free vinyl decal SVG at https://jennifermaker.com/glitter-tumbler-tutorial
Watch my video all about Epoxy safety here:
PLEASE READ FIRST: Epoxy resin is toxic while it is curing, and safety precautions must be taken. Wear proper protective equipment (nitrile gloves, long sleeves, full-face respirator, and apron) and work outside or in a well-ventilated area. Do not allow epoxy resin to touch your skin or be inhaled through fumes or dust. If you get some on your skin, wash it twice well with soap and water. Always read the safety information!
This video teaches you the complete process of making DIY glitter tumblers, from selecting the right tumblers and adhesive to applying the glitter and epoxy resin to create a tumbling/curing rack to prevent drips! I break it down step by step to make it EASIER for you to have success!
Materials List (contains my affiliate links):
* Stainless steel tumblers, cups, and/or mugs
– Mossy Oak 30 oz. tumblers https://amzn.to/2BNugXH
– Stemless wine tumbler https://amzn.to/2BNjctI
– Powder coated pink water bottle https://amzn.to/2BNtutL
* Glitter, extra fine or chunky — I used these exact glitters:
Teal – https://amzn.to/2SsRZna
– Copper – https://amzn.to/2SpYvuV
– Pink – https://amzn.to/2SmWPSR
– Purple – https://amzn.to/2Rg4cP1
– Black – https://amzn.to/2LDvPMt
– Red – https://amzn.to/2SsSei4
– Pink- https://amzn.to/2VhAxnD
– White – https://amzn.to/2GOzPLl
* Epoxy resin — I recommend this EXACT brand which I used and loved: https://amzn.to/2VgQnyG
* Spray adhesive — I recommend this EXACT brand which worked like a charm: https://amzn.to/2GIJHGs
* Spray sealer — I recommend this EXACT brand: https://amzn.to/2U69N8o
* Painter’s tape and/or electrical tape
* 91% isopropyl alcohol
* Disposable nitrile gloves (I used four pair)
* Extra plastic cups (for mixing)
* Extra popsicle sticks (for mixing)
* Copy or freezzer paper (used to capture your glitter and drips)
* Adhesive vinyl and transfer tape
* A way to keep your glitter tumblers rotated (we used both a cardboard box with PVC pipes and a homemade tumbler turner) https://jennifermaker.com/diy-tumbler-turners/
* A way to cut your vinyl (I used the amazing Cricut)
* My free SVG/DXF/PDF cut files/patterns ( available in my free resource library at https://jennifermaker.com/resource-library )
UPDATES/CHANGES: Check for any updates, changes, or additional videos for this project at https://jennifermaker.com/updates
Glitter tumblers are stainless steel insulated mugs and cups that you glitter, seal, and decorate! They are VERY popular because you can personalize them and they look FABULOUS when they are all done. Also, the sealing process completely protects the vinyl decal so you never need to worry about it coming off.
The process to make a glitter tumbler may seem complicated, but I’m going to take you through it step-by-step.
There are 11 steps to the perfect glitter tumbler:
Step 1: Prepare and tape your tumblers for the glitter.
Step 2: (Optional) Spray paint your tumblers.
Step 3: Put adhesive on your tumblers and glitter them.
Step 4: Seal the glitter on your tumblers with a clear coat.
Step 5: Prepare a way to rotate your tumblers while they cure.
Step 6: Mix and apply high gloss resin to your glitter tumblers using proper safety precautions.
Step 7: Remove your tape after 30 minutes (and before 45 minutes)
Step 8: After five hours, tape your tumblers and sand them. Wear protection!
Step 9: (Optional) Apply your vinyl decal.
Step 10: Apply your second cost of resin.
Step 11: Remove your tape after 30 minutes (and before 45 minutes) and allow your tumbler to cure for 24-48 hours.
The difference between the extra fine glitter and chunk glitter really comes down to personal preference. The extra fine glitter is definitely more sleep and smooth, but not as sparkly.
#cricut #cricutmade #designspace
Watch the Ombre Glitter Tumber Video at https://youtu.be/_XXOCIaEl54
I appreciate every subscriber. It’s free and easy to subscribe — just click: http://bit.ly/sub2jennifer
Prefer to get my updates and free project patterns delivered straight to your e-mail inbox? Subscribe to my free newsletter at https://jennifermaker.com (scroll to the bottom)
Follow me at:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/jennifermakercrafts
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cricutcraftersandmakers/
Please subscribe to my channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/jennifermaker for more video tutorials to craft a life you love!
Introduction: PixelBytes (my child!)
Music: Cute by Bensound (licensed, royalty and copyright free)
Videography: Jennifer Marx on a Panasonic Lumix FZ-1000 DSLR 4K
Design: A Jennifer Maker original!