Craft along with Jennifer and Alexa as they make easy 3D layered mandalas from paper! Get the free designs at https://jennifermaker.com/layered-3d-mandalas/
If you’re anything like us, you’ve been seeing this amazing 3D layered mandalas all over the place recently. And the great thing is that these paper mandalas are surprisingly easy to put together! What makes them so easy is that your Cricut cutting machine does most of the hard work for you in cutting out the little details — all you have to do is stack them up and attach them together. It’s really much easier than it looks — which is half the fun!
MATERIALS LIST (contains my affiliate links):
Here is my Amazon shopping list: https://www.amazon.com/ideas/amzn1.account.AHTECS7ITMCAPWO4CDLEYTEEUWXQ/2D39QQMKCA0VN
* 65 – 80 lb. Cardstock, poster board, Kraft board, or chipboard (like a cereal box) — get creative!
* Foam spacers (like Scotch foam mounting tape or pre-cut adhesive foam circles or squares)
* XL Scraper (or a plastic store loyalty card)
* A StandardGrip cutting mat for your Cricut
* Scissors to cut your foam mounting tape
* A ruler (helpful for lining things up)
* A way to cut the project (I used the amazing Cricut Joy, but you can also use scissors, a craft knife, or other size Cricuts — see http://shrsl.com/1dq4w )
* My free SVG cut file (available in my free resource library at https://jennifermaker.com/library )
You can make the 3D layered mandalas big and detailed, or small and simple. I’ve made them as big as 11.5″ wide and as small as 4.5″ wide. You decide!
All you need is basic cardstock and a way to keep them together, like glue or spray adhesive. If you want to get the 3D look, you use spacers in between the layers — you can use foam mounting tape, pre-cut adhesive foam circles or squares, or just bits of cut cardboard, craft foam, or layered cardstock.
The secret to getting a beautiful look is to apply the spacers to the underside of each layer — that way you won’t see the spacers peeking through once it’s all put together.
We’ve designed three different mandala patterns for you to try, and they’re all very easy! There’s the flower mandala, the wheel mandala, and the sunflower mandala. All are free in my resource library!
#cricut #cricutjoy #designspace
Follow me at:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/jennifermakercrafts
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cricutcraftersandmakers/
Please subscribe to my channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/jennifermaker for more video tutorials to craft a life you love!
Introduction: PixelBytes (my child!)
Music: Cute by Bensound (licensed, royalty and copyright free)
Videography: Jennifer Marx on a Panasonic Lumix FZ-1000 DSLR 4K camera
Design: A Jennifer Maker original!